MDM Rubicon, Inc.
Foster Care, Adult
MDM Rubicon, Woodbury - Valley Creek
Call for location
The adult foster care service covers the provision of protection, supervision, household services, living skills assistance or training and assistance safeguarding cash resources. Foster care services are individualized and based on the needs of the person, as identified in the support plan.
Adult foster care also includes assistance with:
* Personal cares
* Chore services
* Behavioral aide
* Companion services
* Medication oversight (to the extent permitted under state law).
Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes that serve adults that are 55 years old or older can be licensed for 1 to 5 beds. Adult Foster Care homes that serve adults that are between the ages of 18 and 54 years old can be licensed for 1 to 4 beds.
There are two types of Adult Foster Care:
* Family Adult Foster Care - In Family Adult Foster Care the license holder lives in the home and is the primary provider of care.
* Corporate Adult Foster Care - In Corporate Adult Foster Care the license holder does not live in the home and is not the primary provider of care. Trained and hired staff generally provide services. Corporate Foster Care providers delivering services to individuals on the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC) or Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waivers, must also maintain a Foster Care facility license.
In Minnesota there is not a service called "group home." When the term "group home" is used, it is usually referencing the corporate adult foster care service.
Use the DHS Licensing Information Lookup to verify this provider has an active foster care license - http://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual at http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/id_001786 and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual at http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_056766#foster
Licenses and Certifications
- Adult Foster Care Type - corporate
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Capacity 4
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|1068060||Adult Foster Care - Community Residential Setting||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||https://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/Details.aspx?l=1068060|
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Corporate Office 582 Hayward Ave N, Oakdale, MN, 55128-5378
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Gershwin Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Glenbrook Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Glenbrook 2 Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Hadley 2 Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Hadley 3 Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Hadley 4 6198 Upper 51st St N, Oakdale, MN, 55128-1302
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Hallmark 2 Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Hallmark I Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Hamlet 2410 Hamlet Ave N, Oakdale, MN, 55128-4921
- MDM Rubicon, Oakdale - Oak Hills Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, St. Paul - Greystone 2568 Greystone Ave N, St. Paul, MN, 55128-3942
- MDM Rubicon, Woodbury - Collingwood 1 Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Woodbury - Collingwood 2 Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Woodbury - Courtly Hills Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Woodbury - Glenbrook 1 Call for location, MN
- MDM Rubicon, Woodbury - Meadow 763 Meadow Ln, Woodbury, MN, 55125-1178
- MDM Rubicon, Woodbury - Park Hills Call for location, MN
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-020Adult Foster Homes Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangement for older adults or adults with disabilities who need supervision and personal care (but generally not nursing care) and who do not live with their families. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the individual to become a participating member of the family and the community in which the family resides, and to share in the interaction and responsibilities of being a part of a family. Foster care for older adults and/or people with disabilities may not be available in all states; and some jurisdictions may permit the provision of rehabilitation services, nursing care and other medical services. Some adult foster homes may specialize in providing care for adults with developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's disease, mental health issues or other specific conditions. Licensing requirements vary considerably from area to area.