New Challenges, Inc.
Foster Care, Adult
New Challenges - Wagon Wheel
11438 Wagon Wheel Curv, Woodbury, MN, 55129-6725
Distance: 1 Miles
The adult foster care service covers the provision of protection, supervision, household services, living skills assistance or training and assistance safeguarding cash resources. Foster care services are individualized and based on the needs of the person, as identified in the support plan.
There are two types of Adult Foster Care:
* Family Adult Foster Care - In Family Adult Foster Care the license holder lives in the home and is the primary provider of care.
* Corporate Adult Foster Care - In Corporate Adult Foster Care the license holder does not live in the home and is not the primary provider of care. Trained and hired staff generally provide services. Corporate Foster Care providers delivering services to individuals on the Brain Injury (BI), Community Alternative Care (CAC) or Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waivers, must also maintain a Foster Care facility license.
In Minnesota there is not a service called "group home." When the term "group home" is used, it is usually referencing the corporate adult foster care service.
About This Location
Adult foster care also includes assistance with:
* Personal cares
* Chore services
* Behavioral aide
* Companion services
* Medication oversight (to the extent permitted under state law).
Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes that serve adults that are 55 years old or older can be licensed for 1 to 5 beds. Adult Foster Care homes that serve adults that are between the ages of 18 and 54 years old can be licensed for 1 to 4 beds.
Use the DHS Licensing Information Lookup to verify this provider has an active foster care license.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual.
At Home Services
- Friendly visiting
- Grocery shopping assistance
- Help with preparing meals
- Money management
- Assistance with community resources
Housing Unit Types
- 1 bedroom unit
- 2 bedroom unit
Licenses and Certifications
- Adult Foster Care Type - corporate
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Medication management
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Personal care/home health
- Housing Support payments applied to rent and included food costs
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private pay
- 24 hours a day
- Capacity 4
- Adults with disabilities
- Brain Injury (BI)
- Developmental disabilities
- Mental health
Specialized Cognitive Care Program
- Care for persons with a developmental disability or related condition
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
|1071083||Adult Foster Care - Community Residential Setting||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)||https://licensinglookup.dhs.state.mn.us/Details.aspx?l=1071083|
- New Challenges - Bloomington 3 Norman Ridge Dr, Bloomington, MN, 55437-1749
- New Challenges - Brunswick 6100 W 104th St, Bloomington, MN, 55438-1828
- New Challenges - Castleford 2858 Castleford Ct, Woodbury, MN, 55125-3416
- New Challenges - Charlton 1600 Charlton St, West St. Paul, MN, 55118-3806
- New Challenges - City Walk 10900 Ashley Ln, Woodbury, MN, 55129-6901
- New Challenges - Fairlawn 6932 137th Ct, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-7976
- New Challenges - Federal A 3513 Federal Dr, Apt 102, St. Paul, MN, 55122-1358
- New Challenges - Federal B 3517 Federal Dr, Apt 111, Eagan, MN, 55122-3509
- New Challenges - Fernando 13428 Fernando Ave, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-4604
- New Challenges - Finch 13022 Finch Way, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-8053
- New Challenges - Findlay 13300 Findlay Ave, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-8057
- New Challenges - Flagstaff 13423 Flagstaff Ave, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-7989
- New Challenges - Foliage 15601 Foliage St, Ste 243, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-3122
- New Challenges - Galaxie 15601 Foliage Ave, Ste 343, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-3123
- New Challenges - Garden Oaks 14220 Heritage Ln, St. Paul, MN, 55124-3702
- New Challenges - Garland 14326 Garland Ave, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-8403
- New Challenges - Grand 13102 Grand Ave, Burnsville, MN, 55337-2609
- New Challenges - Greenleaf 5502 138th St W, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-6903
- New Challenges - Greensboro 4347 Yorktown Dr, St. Paul, MN, 55123-3030
- New Challenges - Hampton Heights 3470 Coachman Rd, Eagan, MN, 55122-1201
- New Challenges - Hannover 5759 Ellice Trl W, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-5704
- New Challenges - Hawthorne 6752 158th St W, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-6529
- New Challenges - Heights 3513 Federal Dr, Ste 103, Eagan, MN, 55122-1358
- New Challenges - Heritage 3369 Heritage Ln, Eagan, MN, 55121-1711
- New Challenges - Kingston 4619 142nd St W, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-7716
- New Challenges - Lamplight 2281 Lamplight Dr, Woodbury, MN, 55125-1650
- New Challenges - Meadowbrook 3233 Meadow Brook Pl, Woodbury, MN, 55125-4310
- New Challenges - Oaks 3513 Federal Dr, Apt 203, Eagan, MN, 55122-1360
- New Challenges - Office 4670 Slater Rd, Eagan, MN, 55122-2362
- New Challenges - Orchard 15328 Floret Way, St. Paul, MN, 55124-3129
- New Challenges - Royal 3513 Federal Dr, Apt 106, St. Paul, MN, 55122-1359
- New Challenges - Royal H 3517 Federal Dr, Apt 206, St. Paul, MN, 55122-1373
- New Challenges - Surrey 3513 Federal Dr, Apt 205, St. Paul, MN, 55122-1361
- New Challenges - Taylors 578 Locust Ln, Taylors Falls, MN, 55084-1251
- New Challenges - Walnut 324 Walnut Ln, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-9352
- New Challenges - Wentworth 1610 Charlton St, West St. Paul, MN, 55118-3806
- New Challenges - Widgeon 3513 Widgeon Way, Eagan, MN, 55123-1004
- New Challenges - Woodhill 1473 Woodhill Dr, Woodbury, MN, 55125-2068
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-8400.6000-020Adult Foster Homes Definition
Agency-supervised private family homes that provide alternative family living arrangement for older adults or adults with disabilities who need supervision and personal care (but generally not nursing care) and who do not live with their families. The arrangement provides an opportunity for the individual to become a participating member of the family and the community in which the family resides, and to share in the interaction and responsibilities of being a part of a family. Foster care for older adults and/or people with disabilities may not be available in all states; and some jurisdictions may permit the provision of rehabilitation services, nursing care and other medical services. Some adult foster homes may specialize in providing care for adults with developmental disabilities, Alzheimer's disease, mental health issues or other specific conditions. Licensing requirements vary considerably from area to area.